- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
Custom Domain Instructions
Option One: Subdomain
An subdomain example: is tv.vidcaster.com, support.vidcaster.com, or subdomain.yourdomainname.com
Instructions (using GoDaddy)
1) Sign into your domain hosting service, again for this example we are using GoDaddy.
2) Navigate to the Domain List. Then, find the domain you will be modifying to create a subdomain for your Vidcaster site (For example, you will find vidcaster.com to create the subdomain support.vidcaster.com)
3) Click on the domain name, then click the 'DNS Zone File' Tab
4) Click 'Add Record' to create the CNAME Record:
- - Record Type: Select 'CNAME'
- - Host: Insert your subdomain url (example: support.vidcaster.com)
- - Points To: Insert 'forward.vidcaster.com' into the Points to Field
- - TTL: means Time to Live. This is how often other DNS servers check for updates. This field is up to you to select an option, we recommend the 1 hour option. If it's a longer TTL, the downside is that it will take longer to propagate out to the internet, and longer to connect to your Vidcaster Account.
Option Two: Apex Domain
Example: vidcaster.com, facebook.com, yourdomain.com **please note an Apex domain, does not include 'www.'
Please contact us for instructions on how to do this.
Update Your Vidcaster Account
1) Once your domain's DNS settings have been updated, login to your Vidcaster account. From your Dashboard, click Site > Domain.
2) In the Vidcaster "Edit Domain Settings" page, check the "Use a custom domain" box.
3) Enter the custom domain you have chosen (such as www.example.com or example.com) and then click Verify. If the domain is ready to go, you will see a green check and can save your new domain setting by clicking "Save Changes."
NOTE: If you are using an Apex domain then you can only use www for your subdomain.
** If you see a red X, your domain change requested has not propagated, or the settings are not correct with your registrar. It can take up to 24 hours for domain settings changes to propagate across the Internet, but this usually happens faster.
If you are still having difficulty getting your custom domain setup, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.