- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
Import with a Link
You can use our link import to display live stream embeds, slide presentations, or display your videos with a different player. Enter the link of your video and we will display your video with the associated player on your Vidcaster site.
How to import videos with a link
- Log into your Vidcaster site and click the green button in the top right corner that says Add a new video.
- Click Import with Link. Copy and paste the link of your video here and click Import.
- Your video is now processing. It will be in the private section of your site while it processes and will move into the public section as soon as it is done.
- Your video is ready! We imported the title and summary, but you can edit that on the Edit Video page. We don't suggest editing the embed code because this can break the responsive sizing of our import, but if you want to, you can access the embed code from this page with the Edit embed button on the Info tab in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What type of links can you import?
If you have a video link or slide link, it's a good chance we support it. View our Accepted Links to learn more.
You don't support my link, do I have other options?
Yes you do! Use our basic embed tool. Click on Add a new video and then select the embed import link in the sentence at the bottom.
Does the link import work with Paywall and Leadwall?
Yes it does! Import your video and then add it to a Paywall or Leadwall playlist. It's that easy! Just remember that if your video is public on another site, gating the video on Vidcaster does not keep people from watching it on the other platform.
Will my imported video views show up in my Vidcaster analytics?
We are not able to track view data for videos that are embedded on our platform because we do not control the player, so the view data will not show up. We do track analytics for videos that use our own player options.