- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
How to set up Paywall
If you have access to our paywall feature on your Vidcaster site, you can activate the feature by navigating to the Settings --> General tab on your site's backend. Once you're there, simply check the box to activate paywall.
Next, you will need to create a new subscription and specify the appropriate terms. Navigate to the Settings --> Paywall tab.
On the Paywall Settings page, click the "Create New Terms+" button.
This will launch another window, where you can set the desired terms for your subscription.
After the terms are set, we can add existing videos by following the the "Manage this subscription's videos" link for the terms that was just created. This action will take you to this page:
To protect a video with Paywall, you simply need to add it by clicking on the "Add" button that corresponds to that video. An added video appears under the "Listed" section.
Once you've set the appropriate videos to be Paywall protected, users will be prompted to subscribe when they attempt to watch one of your Paywall protected videos:
From here, the user has the option of creating a new account, or logging in if he/she already has an account.
If a video is protected by more than one set of cost and terms, users will have the option to choose between the multiple options.
Once a user selects a plan and pays using a credit card (if the plan is a paid plan), the user will be authenticated and will have access to videos protected under this plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does a site owner delete a subscription?
By design, subscriptions cannot be deleted due to their connection with monetary transactions; however, users can be prevented from subscribing to them by deselecting the "Active" checkbox. Anybody currently subscribed to an Inactive subscription can still access that subscription, but other viewers will not see the subscription as an option. When you make a subscription Inactive, the subscription moves to your subscription Archive.