- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
Single Sign On
Single Sign On (SSO) is a powerful solution for putting private or password protected video in the hands of your employees, partners, contractors, customers and users.
Instead of requiring users to log in to multiple accounts, SSO enables you to take advantage of the Vidcaster platform, while providing a fully integrated video experience to your audience.
With SSO configured, Vidcaster hooks into your preferred log in system (an internal portal, application, etc.) and your users get seamless access to your video site.
Top Benefits of SSO
SSO benefits you and your audience by making it easier to access information, share data and manage multiple softwares.
1. Security & Compliance
SSO leverages the existing security protocols and compliance systems established by your application. This means the same security measures you are already using will be applied to your Vidcaster site.
2. Simple, Easy & Fast
You don’t have to maintain a separate list of administrators and logins for your users. Your users will only need to login once to access multiple systems.
3. Better User Experience
With SSO, your video resources will be integrated so your users won’t have to remember another password or get confused about how to gain access.
4. Flexible Set Up
SSO is a flexible solution. You can use it for communicating with employees, customers, partners, etc. Customizations are available for unique situations or complex configurations.
5. Streamlined Data Management
SSO makes it simple to unite analytics from your various systems. You can pull video analytics about viewer behavior and connect it to data you gather from your other applications.
Common Use Cases for SSO & Video
SSO is a flexible solution that benefits both administrators and end users. Here are several common examples of combining SSO and video for business use cases.
• Employee Portals: You want your video training site to be completely integrated with your employee intranet or internal portal.
• Partner Communication: Your partners already have access to your system and you want to provide them with proprietary video content.
• User Support & Education: You want your video gallery and video training site to be part of a seamless user experience.
• Video Subscription: Your subscribers already have accounts, which you want to extend to your new video content.
Getting Started with SSO & Vidcaster
There are two types of SSO: standards compliant and custom. Standards compliant means your application uses an established access management solution like SAML or OneLogin. Vidcaster supports both types of SSO; however, custom SSO will require more implementation time.
These are the steps for setting up SSO with your Vidcaster site:
• Discovery: We schedule a discovery call with your IT Team to learn about your SSO infrastructure.
• Planning: Based on the call, Vidcaster comes back with a proposed implementation plan.
• Approval: Your IT Team reviews the plans, requests changes if needed, and grants Vidcaster access to your SSO infrastructure.
• Implementation: Vidcaster implements the SSO plan. We may need to ask your IT Team questions during this time.
Contact the Vidcaster Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss implementing single sign on to connect to your Vidcaster site.