- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions are a set of rules of use you set for your viewers to engage with your video content. Typically T&C’s are not required by law, but are good to have in place depending on the type of content you are selling.
Vidcaster's Terms and Conditions feature associates terms with individual paywall subscriptions for your video content. When creating a new video subscription term, you can set terms and conditions for the viewers that they have to physically accept prior to purchasing a subscription.
Setup Terms & Conditions
1. On your Paywall page after you've setup Stripe, click 'Add New Terms' to create a new subscription.
2. Set the price and term, then check the box to "Add terms and conditions HTML". This will open up an HTML editor to place a term title, terms, and checkbox text for new subscribers to review and accept. The field is completely editable with HTML and enables you to change the title / header of the box, insert terms with HTML stylization, and the position and text associated with the checkbox. For the initial phase, you cannot edit T&C's once created with a subscription. That will come in a future release.
3. Click 'Save' once you have finalized your terms. This creates a new subscription to sell to viewers with the below user experience. Again, please note that you cannot edit your terms and conditions once you have saved the subscription. You will need to create a new subscription to update any T&C's.
1) A viewer is presented with the Paywall form and the option to either create a new account or login to their current subscription. As they are a new subscriber, they will click 'Create a New Account' and enter an email address and create a password.
2) After a subscriber creates an account with username and password, they are prompted by the subscription options. This view may display only one term or present a dropdown list of options to purchase. If a subscription does not have associated T&C, the green button will list as 'Subscribe. If a subscription has T&C, the green button will say 'View Terms'. The example below displays one subscription terms that has T&C's.
3) When a subscription has terms, they click the green 'View Terms' button and are prompted to review all terms and then check the box that they accept the terms, which presents the option for them to subscribe with payment. Until they check the box, they only have the option to cancel the subscription process, which will bring them back to the subscription options view.
4) The viewer subscribes with payment and begins to access content.
Audit / Legal Requirements
We have worked with several customers to create our T&C process with clear experience to the viewers and helps to meet legal requirements of having the subscriber take the physical action to accept the T&C's.
When you attach Terms and Conditions to a subscription, any subscriber has opted-in to those terms. (Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to subscribe) You can use the subscriber CSV for the list of subscribers for any audit / paper trail needs.