- Documentation Overview
- GETTING STARTED
- Advanced Editor
- CUSTOM HTML
- Build a Theme Using Custom HTML
- Site & Player Sizing
- Add 3rd Party Commenting Systems Using Custom HTML
OUT OF THE BOX CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Storefront - Basic Style Options
- Storefront - DVD Thumbnails
- Basic Themes - Defined Playlist for Playback Pages
- Basic Themes - Large Player
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: About & Video List
- Basic Rotator - Main Index: Category Lists
- Basic Rotator - Change Number of Featured Videos
- Customizing Page Text for Default Sections
- All Themes - Category Filtering Samples
- All Themes - Loop Background Video
- Basic Themes - Remove Subscribe & Podcast Options
- Basic Themes - Remove Comments
- SITE DOMAIN
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SITE SECURITY / PRIVACY
- LOCALIZATION - FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Comment Tool
- Site Name, Description, & Favicon
- In-Document Section Links
- VIDEO HOSTING
- ADD VIDEOS
- EDIT VIDEOS
- VIDEO ORGANIZATION
- SHARE VIDEOS
- VIDEO EMBEDS
- VIDEO PLAYER
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS
- VIDEO ANALYTICS
LEAD GENERATION (LEADWALL)
- NEW Contact Capture & Management Update
- Leadwall Overview
- Set Up a Leadwall Form
- Add and Customize Leadwall Fields
- Add and Remove Leadwall Videos
- Add a Video Preview
- Postroll Leadwall Form
- Lead Email Verification
- Lead Reporting & Data
- Track Email Embed Video Engagement
- Bypass Leadwall by Email Identification
- Leadwall Design & Customization Options
- Send Leads to Your CRM tool
VIDEO SUBSCRIPTIONS (PAYWALL)
- Paywall Overview
- How to set up Paywall
- Terms & Conditions
- Managing Subscribers
- Bulk Subscription - Payment Bypass
- Bulk Subscription - Account Creation Process
- Payment Collection via Stripe
- Coupons Setup
- Coupon Reporting
- Processing a Paywall Cancellation
- Sales Tax
- VIDEO TRAINING (PRIVATE SITE)
- VIDEO TRAINING
- CONTACT MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- ASK VIDCASTER SUPPORT
- SUPPORTED BROWSERS
What is a transcript?
A video transcript is a text version of the audio spoken in your video. When you add a transcript to your video file with Vidcaster, a transcript widget will follow along with a video to visually display the spoken words and audio.
Create and Pay for a Transcript
You can transcribe your video content directly through your Vidcaster platform with our partners at 3PlayMedia.
1) Prior to processing a transcript, have your site connected to credit card billing. Contact email@example.com if you have questions on that setup.
2) In your dashboard, in the Manage Videos page, find the video you wish to transcribe. Click the Transcribe button for that video.
3) In the notification popup, you can review the total cost to transcribe your video. The cost is $3/minute and the total time is always rounded up for a video file. Press Okay that you agree to the charges. You card will be charged for each transcript at time of processing.
4) Your transcript button will turn yellow to indicate that your transcript is processing. This typically takes up to 72 business hours.
5) The transcript button turns green once the transcript is processed. The transcript will then automatically appear under the video in the transcript tab. The display of the transcript will vary based on your site theme.
**Please Note**If your transcript button turns red, there was an error with processing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the video for assistance.
Upload Your Own Transcript
If you have a transcript file already for your videos, you can upload it directly into Vidcaster.
1) In the Edit Video page, click on the Transcript button to open up the Transcript Editor
2) In the Editor, click File, Import. Select the file you are looking to upload.
3) Click File, Save to Vidcaster. Then close the Editor.